Third Year


So before I combust (literally), I am actively searching for any vices to try and prevent the aforementioned occuring. 

Third year really is no joke. What I'm finding particularly horrific this morning as I angrily type,sigh , and roll my eyes is that I've had no marks back yet and it is TEN weeks into the term. This is actually an easily stressed out person's nightmare. No indication of knowing where I am at in such a crucial year is not really ideal, but at the same time knowing where I am at would probably be enough to push me into hysteria. So my complaining here is even more ineffective and purposeless than it normally is. Yay. 

I can't help but simultaenously laugh and cry that this year has actually proven to me that I academically peaked in Year 6. Since then, I have been scribbling down nonsense on assignments and if I couldn't successfully do it pre univeristy, I don't know why I thought I could do it now but anyway... Also before I move on, I am impressed with myself for spelling silmultaenously correctly. Maybe my degree isn't wasted on me, but then again, I still don't really know when it's appropriate to use a comma or a semi colon, and cannot confidently distinguish between the two, so maybe I should hit the grammar books. Whilst on the topic of grammar and distinguishing, I really don't get the difference between effect and affect and just take it turns on when I think I should use each and hope for the best. At 21 I should probs know the difference but then again I have no time and  maybe in the next chapter of my life is when I'm destined to grammatically thrive as an aspiring journalist. Let's hope.

My mother also told me that when she was at the beauticians the other day,  she met a Dissertation Consultant. This is definitely a contact that I am going to have to consider getting in touch with when I have a Diss deadline looming in the not-so-far future that I should probably not choose to ignore. 

I haven't written anything non-academic related in weeks!!! and have not built upon my CV, which is very unusual for me, but when you have university work to do that honestly just seems neverending, you just have to crack on with it.

I also promised myself that I would make sure I get my work done before the day of the deadline. This is a promise I broke. Twice. In one day. When I finished an essay on plantation masculinity at 9am, and submitted an in-class presentation at 12:29 when it was due at 12:30. The most annoying thing about this is that I started researching several weeks prior to both, but still I end up using all the time allocated basically. I am very grateful that Eduroam Wifi was functioning quite well that day. A rarity. 

I think the worst part about this all is that I am literally doing the best that I can and that's still not even getting a quarter of what needs to be done, done. The real world is also just as terryfying and it's becoming more and more clear to me that I cannot build a career off my sarcasm and occasional sufficient social skills. Here's to hoping.

But seriously, to anyone out there in third year who is struggling, know that if millions of other students have sat exams, finished coursework, and handed in a Dissertation so can you! It's been an uncomfortable journey so far, but let's hope and pray for better times. Humour and hummus are probably my life lines at the moment, but the christmas break is soon and even though we have to work, at least it can be at home. To any second years, I highly recommend planning a Diss over summer and also following Gucci Mane on twitter for continous positive and uplifting words.

Sending love and light xox 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive News

1 in 4

Baptism