One Love Manchester - One Month On

A month has passed since Ariana Grande's charity benefit concert One Love Manchester took place, in response to the IS bomb attack during her Manchester segment of the Dangerous Woman tour, which resulted in 22 deaths and several hospitalisations. 

I know that my opinion and feelings certainly can't vouch for everyone's but personally, while I was watching the concert I do not think that there was a moment where I was dry-eyed. Even within the interview breaks and commentaries and the camera panning across Old Trafford, I felt an overwhelming feeling of the nation's unity and strength. When the camera showed a policeman holding hands and dancing with a group of children, I couldn't help but feel proud and joyful as I saw the people of the nation coming together and standing with each other during a global tough time. 

Ariana has my unconditional admiration and respect as I view the concert as a benchmark which truly represented a 'fight for what is right' rhetoric. One Love Manchester is an example that in a cold and cruel world (especially with all the terror attacks occurring across the globe), it is important to fight this abhorrent hate and darkness with love and care and that caring and kindness are always possible even within the darkest of times. The benefit demonstrated that one city's suffering is often everyone's suffering, and how we can take it upon ourselves to try and alleviate this in some shape or form. Nonetheless, I am aware that in some instances the nature of violence and brutish terror attacks means that this pacification cannot always be possible and in no way makes up for the sufferer's pain. 

We will be tested by monstrosities and evil by individual terror attacks, or by the IS State, or even large-scale government misconduct and these may divide the globe, but we must choose to remain united as division and disunity are what terrorists want and thrive from. I feel that this concert and its coverage was incredibly inspirational as it demonstrated what can happen when we come together. As a globe and a nation, we contain multitudes and love that can attempt to heal the world. However, I am not naive enough to deny or dismiss that there is currently a serious global terror problem ranging from acid attacks, to bombs, to purposely mowing people down and that myself, yourself and the police may not possibly know the obvious and proper answers for. I do think that throughout the year the Emergency Services have dealt with these terrible incidents with resilience and immense bravery that certainly is appreciated and has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you Ariana, for not only being a 'Dangerous Woman', but also a peace-maker, an innovator, and a great global influence. May we continue to fight for and with those who are marginalised and attacked across the globe, especially for those 22 angels who unfortunately did not make it home May 22nd 2017. My prayers will always be with them and their families.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive News

Baptism

1 in 4